Riverview Animal Clinic was begun as just the ‘Animal Clinic’ by Dr. William Meyers, Sr. in 1947. The original clinic and the Meyers’ family home were located at the corner of 15th and Fair Street in Clarkston and the buildings are now a part of the Walla Walla Community College Campus. Dr. Meyers Sr., born in Pomeroy, Washington, graduated from Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine in 1945. He completed his undergraduate and veterinary programs, which normally would take a minimum of 7 years, in a mere 4 years. The accelerated program was instituted during World War II and required Dr. Meyers Sr. to attend veterinary courses year-round, with no summer breaks. Dr. Meyers originally treated both large and small animal patients but transitioned the practice to strictly small animals in the early 1970s. Dr. Meyers Sr. and Fran Meyers raised 8 children, one of which, Dr. William Meyers Jr., also became a veterinarian. hello type here
Dr. William Meyers Jr. joined the clinic after his graduation from Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine 1982. The clinic was moved to its current location and renamed ‘Riverview Animal Clinic’ in 1984. Dr. Meyers Sr. continued to be active in the practice to the age of 86. Dr. Meyers Jr. took ownership of the practice in 2010. The practice has grown steadily under the guidance of Dr. Meyers Sr. & Dr. Meyers Jr. and is now a busy, 3-veterinarian, multi-staff practice.
All of us here at Riverview Animal Clinic are proud to have served our clients, their pets, the Lewiston-Clarkston community and surrounding area since 1947.